Effective Date: 01/01/2019
Notice Version: 1.0
Data Controller Contact Information:
One Galleria Tower,
13355 Noel Rd, Ste 1100
Dallas, TX 75240
This privacy notice applies to the information that we collect from you when you use our website, www.careonline.com, all of its sub-domains, and our SaaS application named Careonline.com collectively and herein after called “Platform.”
Our privacy notice tells you what personal data and nonpersonal data we may collect from you, how we collect them, how we protect them, how we share them, how you can access and change them, and how you can limit our sharing of them. Our privacy notice also explains certain legal rights that you have with respect to your personal data. Any capitalized terms not defined herein will have the same meaning as where they are defined elsewhere on our Platform.
‘NONPERSONAL DATA’ (NPD) is information that is in no way personally identifiable.
‘PERSONAL DATA’ (PD) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified directly or indirectly by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. PD is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, PD is broader in scope and covers more data. (GDPR) means General Data Protection Regulation.
Table of Contents
- Your Rights
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- How Your Information Is Used and Shared
- Retaining and Destroying Your PD
- Updating Your PD
- Revoking Your Consent for Using Your PD
- Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
- Do Not Track Settings
- Links to Other Websites
- Protecting Children’s Privacy
- Our Email Policy
- Our Security Policy
- Use of Your Credit Card
- Transferring PD from the European Union
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice
When using our Platform and submitting PD to us, you may have certain rights under the GDPR if you reside or are in any of the countries of the European Union. Depending on the legal basis for processing your PD you may have some or all of the following rights:
- The Right to Be Informed – You have the right to be informed about the PD that we collect from you and how we process them.
- The Right of Access – You have the right to get confirmation that your PD are being processed and you have the ability to access your PD.
- The Right to Rectification – You have the right to have your PD corrected if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure (Right to Be Forgotten)- You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your PD if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing them.
- The Right to Restrict Processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your PD. When your PD are restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process them further.
- The Right to Data Portability – You have the right to request your PD that you provided to us and use them for your own purposes. We will provide your data to you within 30 days of your request. Contact us using the information at the top of this privacy notice to request your PD.
- The Right to Object – You have the right to object to us processing your PD for the following reasons:
- Processing was based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- Direct marketing (including profiling)
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- Automated Individual Decision-Making and Profiling – You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects regarding you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Filing a Complaint with Authorities – You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a Californian consumer you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CaCPA) AB 375, some of these rights are:
- the right of Californians to know what personal information is being collected about them
- the right of Californians to know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom
- the right of Californians to say no to the sale of their personal information
- the right of Californians to access their personal information
- the right of Californians of the deletion of their personal information
- the right of Californians of equal service, price, and not being discriminated against even if they exercise their privacy rights
- one or more designated means for Californian consumers to submit requests under the CACPA including (at minimum) a toll-free number, and if the business maintains an Internet website, a website address.
These rights include the right to request what personal information we collect and disclose about consumers.
Personal information includes:
- categories of personal information that a business collected about the consumer
- categories of sources from which the personal information was collected
- specific pieces of personal information that the business has collected about consumers
- categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information
- the business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling personal information
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Generally, you control the amount and type of information that you provide to us when using our Platform.
Our Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing PD
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your PD when you sign up for our newsletter, download white papers, access free audios, videos, and webinars through our Platform, including information you enter using any of our opt-in forms is based on consent. Our legal basis for collecting and processing your PD when you use our free service(s), paid services(s), or buy our products is based on and the necessity for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract.
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information may include the name of the website from which you entered our Platform, if any, as well as the name of the website you’ll visit when you leave our Platform. This information may also include the IP address of your computer/the proxy server you use to access the Internet, your Internet service provider’s name, your web browser type, the type of mobile device, your computer operating system, and data about your browsing activity when using our Platform. We use all this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our Platform.
At User and Member Registration or When Buying Our Products or Services
When you register as a user or member to use our free service(s), paid services(s), or buy our products we may collect some or all of the following information: your name, date of birth, phone number, email address, gender, address, education, practice license numbers, NPI number, social security number, Medicare number of agencies, insurance information, Medicare information, Medicaid information, tax id and IP address. This information is supplied by physicians, agency staff, patients, or by an individual who is not yet a patient
When Entering and Using Our Platform
When you enter and use our Platform and agree to accept cookies, some of these cookies may contain your PD.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies collect information about the use of the Platform, such as pages visited, traffic sources, users’ interests, content management, and other measurements.
- Functional Cookies – These cookies enable the Platform to remember users’ choices, such as their language, usernames, and other choices while using the Platform. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user create a blog post, listen to audios, or watch videos on the Platform.
- Media Cookies – These cookies can be used to improve a Platforms performance and provide special features and content. They can be placed by us or third parties who provide services to us.
- Advertising or Targeting Cookies – These cookies are usually placed and used by advertising companies to develop a profile of your browsing interests and serve advertisements on other websites that are related to your interests. You will see less advertising if you disable these cookies.
- Session Cookies – These cookies allow a Platform to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they browse a Platform. Session cookies also permit users to be recognized as they navigate a Platform so that any item or page changes they make are remembered from page to page. Session cookies expire after a browser session; they are not stored long term.
- Persistent Cookies – These cookies are stored on a user’s device between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a website or across different websites to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for several purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using a Platform or to target advertising to them.
- identifying the areas of our Platform that you have visited
- personalizing content that you see on our Platform
- our Platform analytics
- remarketing our products or services to you
- remembering your preferences, settings, and login details
- targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests
- allowing you to post comments
- allowing you to share content with social networks.
We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of our Platform and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers and users.
Collecting Information About Your Physical Location
When you use our Platform, we may collect and process information about your actual physical location. We use several technologies such as GPS and IP tracking to determine your location. These technologies may also give us information about nearby cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other devices. Through electronic visit verification, we also collect and verify if an actual visit happened at the given address of the patient.
- You can opt out of the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our website, and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by visiting: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out.
We use a service from www.Disqus.com that can track users’ activity across websites that use the Disqus commenting system unless the do not track option is enabled. Information tracked by Disqus may be disclosed to third parties including pseudonymous analytics data, web browser version, installed addons, referring pages, and exit links. Other users may search for, see, use, and repost any of your user content that you make publicly available through the service. You can choose to install a privacy-enhancing web browser extension which allows some of Disqus to be blocked.
Cross Device Tracking
We use a service that tracks your behavior from device to device. This technology can track your responses from your desktop computer to your laptop, smartphone, and tablet, in any order when using these devices. We use the information we get from this technology to analyze traffic behavior, improve our marketing and advertising.
Chat Software or Contact Forms
Our Platform contains chat software or contact forms that enable visitors to communicate with us live online or offline by email. In some cases visitors can communicate with us without buying our products and services. When you use our chat software or contact forms, we may collect some or all the following information: your email address, first name, last name, location, and any other information you willingly choose to give us. You should limit the information you give to us to one that is necessary to answer your questions.
Our Platform uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our Platform. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our Platform, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our Platform. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic, improve our marketing, advertising, and Platform. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our Platform, not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with PD. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you use our Platform, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our Platform.
- For more information on how Google collects and processes your data visit: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
What Happens If You Don’t Give Us Your PD
If you do not provide us with enough PD, we may not be able to provide you all our products and services. However, you can access and use some parts of our Platform without giving us your PD.
How Your Information Is Used and Shared
We use the information we receive from you to:
- provide our products and services you have requested or purchased from us
- help manage your account
- make improvements to our Platform
- send you text messages and push notifications
- contact you with updates to our Platform, products, and services
- resolve problems and disputes
- enforce our privacy notice and terms and conditions
- contact you with marketing and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you.
Text Messaging and Push Notifications
If you provide a mobile telephone number to us, you are giving your express consent and authorize us or a third party to send you text messages and push notifications. You are not required to give us your consent for these text messages and push notifications. However, withholding your consent may interfere or prevent us from providing some or all of our services to you. You can stop receiving text messages and push notifications at any time by contacting us.
Communications and Emails
When we communicate with you, we will use the email address you provided when you registered as a user or customer. We may also send you emails with promotional information about our Platform or offers from us or our affiliates unless you have opted out of receiving such information. You can change your contact preferences at any time through your account or by contacting us using the contact information at the top of this privacy notice.
Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We may give your PD to third-party service providers whom we hire to provide services to us. These third-party service providers may include but are not limited to payment processors, web analytics companies, insurance companies, medical professionals, agencies, call centers, data management services, help desk providers, accountants, law firms, shopping cart providers, email service providers, text messaging providers, fax providers, video conferencing providers and billing companies. Also, data from different types of third-party devices can be synchronized to the personal profiles of individual accounts.
We do not sell or rent your PD to third parties for marketing purposes. However, for data aggregation purposes we may use your NPD, which might be sold to other parties at our discretion. Any such data aggregation would not contain any of your PD.
Sharing Information With Business Partners
We may share your PD with our business partners. The business partners include general business partners, affiliates, and joint venture partners. We share this information with them
for transactional purposes relating to our Platform.
When you choose to take part in our services and/or offerings, you are authorizing us to provide your email address and other PD to our business partners. Please understand that when we share your PD with our business partners, your PD becomes subject to our business partners’ as well as our privacy notice.
Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your PD if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or governmental enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our terms and conditions; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or other users; or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of our company, users, employees, and affiliates.
Disclosures to Successors
If our business is sold or merges in whole or in part with another business that would become responsible for providing our Platform to you, we retain the right to transfer your PD to the new business. The new business would retain the right to use your PD according to the terms of this privacy notice as well as to any changes to this privacy notice as instituted by the new business. We also retain the right to transfer your PD if our company files for bankruptcy and some or all of our assets are sold to another individual or business.
Community Discussion Boards, Blogs, or Other Mechanisms
Our Platform may offer the ability for users to communicate through online community discussion boards, blogs, or other mechanisms. We do not filter or monitor what is posted on such discussion mechanisms. If you choose to post on these discussion mechanisms, you should use care when exposing any PD, as such information is not protected by our privacy notice nor are we liable if you disclose your PD through such postings. Also, PD which you post on our Platform for publication may be available worldwide by means of the Internet. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Retaining and Destroying Your PD
We retain information that we collect from you (including your PD) only for as long as we need it for legal, business, or tax purposes. Your information may be retained in electronic, paper, or a combination of both forms. When your information is no longer needed, we will destroy, delete, or erase it.
Updating Your PD
You can update your PD using services found on our Platform. If no such services exist, you can contact us using the contact information found at the top of this privacy notice and we will help you. However, we may keep your PD as needed to enforce our agreements and to comply with any legal obligations.
Revoking Your Consent for Using Your PD
You have the right to revoke your consent for us to use your PD at any time. Such optout will not affect disclosures otherwise permitted by law including but not limited to: (i) disclosures to affiliates and business partners, (ii) disclosures to third-party service providers that provide certain services for our business, such as payment processors, web analytics companies, advertising networks, call centers, data management services, help desk providers, accountants, law firms, auditors, shopping cart and email service providers, and shipping companies, (iii) disclosures to third parties as necessary to fulfill your requests, (iv) disclosures to governmental agencies or law enforcement departments, or as otherwise required to be made under applicable law, (v) previously completed disclosures to third parties, or (vi) disclosures to third parties in connection with subsequent contests or promotions you may choose to enter, or third-party offers you may choose to accept. If you want to revoke your consent for us to use your PD, please contact us through the contact information at the top of this privacy notice.
Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
If any postings you make on our Platform contain information about third parties, you agree to make sure that you have permission to include that information. While we are not legally liable for the actions of our users, we will remove any postings about which we are notified, if such postings violate the privacy rights of others.
Do Not Track Settings
Some web browsers have settings that enable you to request that we do not track your movement within our Platform. Our Platform does not obey such settings when transmitted to and detected by our Platform. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by referring to your browser’s user manual.
Links to Other Websites
Our Platform may contain links to other websites. These websites are not under our control and are not subject to our privacy notice. These websites will likely have their own privacy notices. We have no responsibility for these websites and we provide links to these websites solely for your convenience. You acknowledge that your use of and access to these websites are solely at your risk. It is your responsibility to check the privacy notices of these websites to see how they treat your PD.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Even though our Platform is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 18, we realize that a child under the age of 18 may attempt to access our Platform. We do not knowingly collect PD from children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our Platform, please contact us. Before we remove any information we may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover that a child is accessing our Platform, we will delete his/her information within a reasonable period of time. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor have any liability to do so.
Our Email Policy
You can always opt out of receiving email correspondence from us or our affiliates. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business, or if our company files for bankruptcy.
Our Security Policy
We have built our Platform using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your PD. We and the third parties who provide services to us also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your PD. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee prevention of loss or misuse of your PD or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature. We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for our Platform and not share it with anyone.
Use of Your Credit Card
You may have to provide a credit card to buy products and services from our Platform. We use third-party billing services and have no control over them. We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
Transferring PD from the European Union
PD that we collect from you may be stored, processed, and transferred among any countries in which we operate. The European Union has not found the United States and some other countries to have an adequate level of protection of PD under Article 45 of the GDPR. Our company relies on derogations for specific situations as defined in Article 49 of the GDPR. If you are a European Union customer or user, with your consent your PD may be transferred to the United States or other countries outside the European Union when you request information from us. When you buy goods or services from us, we will use your PD for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract. Wherever we transfer, process, or store your PD, we will take reasonable steps to protect it. We will use the information we collect from you in accordance with our privacy notice. By using our Platform, services, or products you agree to the transfers of your PD described within this section.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this privacy notice at any time. If our company decides to change this privacy notice, we will post those changes on our Platform so that our users and customers are always aware of what information we collect, use, and disclose. If at any time we decide to disclose or use your PD in a method different from that specified at the time it was collected, we will provide advance notice by email sent to the email address on file in your account. Otherwise we will use and disclose our users’ and customers’ PD in agreement with the privacy notice in effect when the information was collected. In all cases your continued use of our Platform, services, and products after any change to this privacy notice will constitute your acceptance of such change. If you have questions about our privacy notice, please contact us through the information at the top of this privacy notice.
Copyright © This Privacy Notice is protected under United States and foreign copyrights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you, is strictly prohibited.
One Galleria Tower,
13355 Noel Rd, Ste 1100
Dallas, TX 75240
This page represents a legal document and is the Terms and Conditions (Agreement) for our Website www.careonline.com, all of its sub-domains, and our SaaS application named Careonline.com, collectively and herein after called “Platform.”
The terms “us”, “we”, and “our” refer to CareOnline, CareOnline, Inc. the owner of the Platform. A “Visitor” is someone who merely browses our Platform. A “Member” is someone who has registered with us to use our Platform. The term “User” is a collective identifier that refers to either a Visitor or a Member.
All text, information, graphics, design, and data offered through our Platform, whether produced by our Members or by us, are collectively known as our “Content.” We distinguish content posted by our Members as “Member Content”.Acceptance of Agreement
This Agreement is between you and CareOnline.
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND OTHER PROVISIONS THAT LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AND IN THEIR ENTIRETY, AS USING, ACCESSING, AND/OR BROWSING OUR PLATFORM CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND TO EACH AND EVERY TERM AND CONDITION SET FORTH HEREIN, PLEASE EXIT OUR PLATFORM IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT USE THEM ANY FURTHER.
Except as otherwise noted, this Agreement constitutes the entire and only Agreement between you and CareOnline and supersedes all other Agreements, representations, warranties, and understandings with respect to our Platform, and the subject matter contained herein. However, for you to use our Platform, you may also be required to agree to additional terms and conditions. Those additional terms and conditions will be incorporated into this Agreement unless otherwise stated.
Any legal controversy or claim arising from or relating to this Agreement and/or our Platform, excluding legal action taken by us to collect or recover damages for – or obtain any injunction relating to – intellectual property and our Platform, will be settled solely by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim will be arbitrated on an individual basis and will not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
The arbitration will be conducted in Dallas, Texas and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. You or we may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Dallas, Texas necessary to protect our or your rights or property pending the completion of arbitration. Each party will bear half the arbitration fees and costs.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement will be treated as if it were executed and performed in Dallas, Texas, and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas without regard to conflict of law provisions. In addition, you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts. Any cause of action by you with respect to our Platform must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred.
CareOnline grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to access and use our Platform strictly in accordance with this Agreement. Your use of our Platform is solely for internal, personal, noncommercial purposes unless otherwise provided for in this Agreement. No printout or electronic version of any part of our Platform may be used by you in any litigation or arbitration matter whatsoever under any circumstances.
You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations regarding your use of our Platform, and any software provided therein.
Our Relationship to You
This Agreement in no way creates any agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and CareOnline.
Our Intellectual Property
Our Platform may contain our service marks or trademarks as well as those of our affiliates or other companies in the form of words, graphics, and logos. Your use of our Platform does not constitute any right or license for you to use our service marks or trademarks without the prior written permission of CareOnline. Our Content, as found within our Platform, is protected under United States and foreign copyrights. The copying, redistribution, use, or publication by you of any such Content is strictly prohibited. Your use of our Platform does not grant you any ownership rights to our Content.
Eligibility and Registration for Membership
To use our Platform, you must register with us to become a Member. Your Membership is not transferable or assignable and is void where prohibited. Our Platform is intended solely for Users who are at least (18) years of age or older. Any registration by, use of, or access to our Platform by anyone under that age is unauthorized, unlicensed, and in violation of these Terms and Conditions. By using our Platform, you represent and warrant that you are (18) years of age or older and agree to abide by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. CareOnline has sole right and discretion to determine whether to accept a Member and may reject a Member’s registration with or without explanation.
When you complete the registration process, you will receive a password that will allow you to access our Platform. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of your password and are fully responsible for all liability and damages resulting from your failure to maintain that confidentiality as well as all activities that occur through the use of your password.
You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security. You agree that our Platform cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with password security as discussed herein.
Errors, Corrections, and Changes
We do not represent or otherwise warrant that our Platform will be error-free or free from viruses or other harmful components, or that we will correct any errors. We do not represent or otherwise warrant that the information available on or through our Platform will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. CareOnline reserves the right at our sole discretion to change any content, software, and other items used or contained in our Platform at any time without notice.
Our Platform may publish content supplied by third parties, Users, advertisers, merchants, and Sponsors. CareOnline has no editorial control over such content. Any opinions or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers and Users of our Platform, are those of the respective author(s) and not of CareOnline. We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose nor the legality of any content provided by any of these parties.
CareOnline is not responsible or liable in any manner for any Content posted on our Platform, whether posted or caused by Members of our Platform, or by CareOnline. Although we provide rules for Member conduct and postings, we do not control and are not responsible for what Members post, transmit, or share on our Platform, and are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter using our Platform. CareOnline is not responsible for the online or offline conduct of any User of our Platform.
Our Platform may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. CareOnline assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of Member communications.
CareOnline is not responsible for any technical malfunction or other problems of any telephone network or service, computer system, server or provider, computer or mobile phone equipment, or software, or for any failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, or for any combination thereof – including injury or damage to Members’ or any other person’s computer, mobile phone, or other hardware or software – related to or resulting from the use or downloading of materials in connection with our Platform, including, without limitation, any software provided through our Platform.
Under no circumstances will CareOnline be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage, personal injury, or death resulting from anyone’s use of our Platform, or any interactions between Users of our Platform, whether online or offline.
Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, recommendation, or any affiliation with our Platform by third parties or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized by our Platform.
THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, AND DOCUMENTS FROM OR THROUGH OUR PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED ‘AS-IS’, ‘AS AVAILABLE’, WITH ‘ALL FAULTS’, AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). OUR PLATFORM MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS, OR OTHER LIMITATIONS.
CareOnline, INCLUDING ALL OUR AFFILIATES, HAS NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF OUR PLATFORM. CareOnline CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM THE USE OF OUR PLATFORM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, RELATED SOFTWARE. CareOnline DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT OUR CONTENT, PLATFORM, OR ANY SOFTWARE FOUND WITHIN ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, ERROR-FREE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION IN THE USE AND DOWNLOADING OF ANY SUCH CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AND USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND REMOVE VIRUSES. ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES SOMEHOW ATTRIBUTED TO OUR CONTENT, PLATFORM, AND RELATED SOFTWARE IS DISCLAIMED.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN CONTENT AND RELATED SOFTWARE FROM OR THROUGH OUR PLATFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE THEREOF AND ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER HARM OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT. WE AND ALL OUR AFFILIATES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION AND LIMITATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND CareOnline.
OUR PLATFORM WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH OUR PLATFORM WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL CareOnline OR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OUR PLATFORM, OR ANY RELATED SOFTWARE ACCESSED THROUGH OR DOWNLOADED FROM OUR PLATFORM, EVEN IF CareOnline IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, CareOnline’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US FOR SERVICES ACCESSED DURING THE PREVIOUS MONTH OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY.
Members may post their content through our Platform (Member Content). Members and Visitors understand that by using our Platform, they may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. We have no control over Member Content and do not in any way guarantee its quality, accuracy, or integrity. CareOnline is not responsible for the monitoring or filtering of any Member Content. Should any Member Content be found illegal, CareOnline will submit all necessary information to relevant authorities.
If any Member Content is reported to CareOnline as being offensive or inappropriate,
we may ask the Member to retract or otherwise modify the questionable content within 24 hours of being notified by CareOnline. If the Member fails to meet such a request,
CareOnline has full authority to restrict the Member’s ability to post Member Content or to immediately terminate the Member’s membership without further notice to the Member.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have sole discretion to remove any Member Content that violates this Agreement or that is otherwise objectionable in our sole discretion. Members are responsible for complying with all applicable federal and state laws for their content, including copyright and trademark laws. Members will respect copyright and trademark laws.
You warrant that you will not use our Platform to infringe on the intellectual property rights of others in any way. In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating Members whom we deem, in our sole discretion, to be infringers of others’ intellectual property rights.
As a Member, you agree not to use our Platform to do any of the following:
Upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Member Content that:
- Violates any local, state, federal, or international laws
- Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party
- Harms, threatens, defames, promotes violence or illegal activities, or is otherwise vulgar, obscene, abusive, harassing, tortuous, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable
- Links directly or indirectly to any materials to which you do not have a right to link
- Contains any private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers, and credit card numbers
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or to extract information from our Platform
- Contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation
- In the sole judgment of CareOnline is objectionable or restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Platform, or which may expose CareOnline, our affiliates, or our Users to any harm or liability of any type
Use our Content to:
- Develop competing Platform
- Create compilations or derivative works as defined under United States copyright laws
- Redistribute it in any manner, including, but not limited to, sale, license, lease, rental, subscription, or any other distribution mechanism
- Decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer our Platform, and any related software
Use of Information
You grant CareOnline a license to use the information and materials you post to our Platform. By posting, displaying, transmitting, performing, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“Member Content”) to our Platform, you are granting CareOnline, its officers, directors, employees, agents, consultants, representatives, and affiliates, a license to use the Member Content in connection with the operation of the business of CareOnline, its directors, employees, officers, affiliates, representatives, consultants, and agents, including, without limitation, a right to distribute, copy, transmit, publicly display, reproduce, translate, edit, and reformat Member Content. You understand and agree that you will not be compensated for any Member Content. By posting Member Content on our Platform, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the Member Content or are authorized to post, display, distribute, perform, or transmit Member Content.
We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of this Agreement and to take any action we deem appropriate, including, but not limited to, reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profile, email addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses, and traffic information.
Links to Other Websites
Our Platform may from time to time contain links to third-party websites. Inclusion of links for any website on our Platform does not mean that we endorse, guarantee, warrant, or recommend the services, information, content, and/or data of such third-party websites.
CareOnline has no control over the legal documents and privacy practices of third-party websites; you access any third-party websites at your own risk. We recommend that you review the privacy notice and terms and conditions of those websites to fully understand what information is collected and how it is used.
You represent and warrant that if you are purchasing something from us, (i) any payment information you supply is true and complete, (ii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your bank or credit card company, (iii) you will pay the charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including any applicable taxes, and (iv) if your initial payment method is dishonored, you will still pay the incurred charges, including any surcharge we may incur due to the dishonored payment.
We have no refund policy.
Termination of Membership
Your membership with us is effective until terminated by you or us. Your rights under these Terms and Conditions will terminate without our notice if you fail to comply with any term of these Terms and Conditions. Upon termination, you will stop representing yourself as a registered Member. You must delete or destroy any information or content (including all copies) obtained from our Platform. Certain provisions of this Agreement, including, but not limited to, copyrights, indemnity, trademarks, limitation of liability, warranty, and jurisdictional issues will survive the termination of this Agreement.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us and our partners, agents, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, successors, assigns, third-party suppliers of information and documents, attorneys, advertisers, product and service providers, and affiliates free from any liability, loss, claim, and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of our Platform.
Sever ability and Survival
Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion will be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. To the extent that any Content is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement will take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of such a provision, nor of the right to enforce such a provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
Changes to Our Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you advance notice of the changes by email or in writing. We will also post these changes on our Platform. These changes will become effective 30 days after receipt of the notice. To avoid doubt, no unilateral amendment will retroactively change agreed dispute-resolution provisions of these Terms and Conditions, if any, including, for example, arbitration provisions for then-pending disputes unless the parties expressly agree otherwise. Your continued use of our Platform after any change to these Terms and Conditions and our notifying you will constitute your acceptance of such change. If you do not agree with the changes to these Terms and Conditions, you can choose to discontinue the use of our Platform.
Copyright © This Terms & Conditions Notice is protected under United States and foreign copyrights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you, is strictly prohibited. .
One Galleria Tower,
13355 Noel Rd, Ste 1100
Dallas, TX 75240
Your Information. Your Rights. Our Responsibilities.
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you
Get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record
- You can ask to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other health information we have about you. Ask us how to do this.
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your health information, usually within 30 days of your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee
Ask us to correct your medical record
- You can ask us to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. Ask us how to do this.
- We may say “no” to your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
Request confidential communications
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
- We will say “yes” to all reasonable requests.
Ask us to limit what we use or share
- You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our operations.
- We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say “no” if it would affect your care.
- If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer.
- We will say “yes” unless a law requires us to share that information
Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information
- You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with, and why.
- We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, and health care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). We’ll provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.
Get a copy of this privacy notice
- You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Choose someone to act for you
- If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
- We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
- You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us using the information on page 1.
- You can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.
- We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint
For certain health information, you can tell us your choices about what we share. If you have a clear preference for how we share your information in the situations described below, talk to us. Tell us what you want us to do, and we will follow your instructions.
In these cases, you have both the right and choice to tell us to:
- Share information with your family, close friends, or others involved in your care
- Share information in a disaster relief situation
- Include your information in a hospital directory
- Contact you for fundraising efforts If you are not able to tell us your preference, for example if you are unconscious, we may go ahead and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest. We may also share your information when needed to lessen a serious and imminent threat to health or safety.
In these cases we never share your information unless you give us written permission:
- Marketing purposes.
- Sale of your information .
- Most sharing of psychotherapy notes.
In the case of fundraising :
- We may contact you for fundraising efforts, but you can tell us not to contact you again.
Our Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information? We typically use or share your health information in the following ways.
- We can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you.
Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.
Run our organization
- We can use and share your health information to run our practice, improve your care, and contact you when necessary.
Example: We use health information about you to manage your treatment and services.
Bill for your services
- We can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities.
Example: We give information about you to your health insurance plan so it will pay for your services.
How else can we use or share your health information? We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes. For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html.
Help with public health and safety issues
- We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
- Preventing disease
- Helping with product recalls
- Reporting adverse reactions to medications
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety
- We can use or share your information for health research.
Comply with the law
- We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.
Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
- We can share health information about you with organ procurement organizations.
Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
- We can share health information with a coroner, medical examiner, or funeral director when an individual dies.
Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- We can use or share health information about you:
- For workers’ compensation claims
- For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
- With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
- For special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective service
Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
- We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html.
Changes to the Terms of This Notice We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.
This Notice of Privacy Practices applies to the following organizations